Last updated: March 13th 2023
Hvil® processes your personal data when you choose to download and use the Hvil® app, or when you choose to interact with Hvil® through the website, social media, or other events.
Hvil ApS (“we”) is committed to act in accordance with applicable personal data legislation and thus would like to provide you with the following information.
The data controller for processing your personal data is Hvil ApS, CVR nummer: 43036769, Fiskerivej 12, 1. sal, 8000 Aarhus C. If you have any questions regarding your personal data please contact Hvil’s data protection officer at email@example.com.
Where we obtain your personal data from
The personal data we process are obtained directly from you. We obtain your personal data when you sign up for - and start to use - the Hvil® app and/or when you interact with Hvil ApS through mail, social media, website etc.
If you choose to use a third party profile (e.g. Facebook, Google or the like) to create your Hvil® account, we obtain your contact information from this third part.
Purposes for which we process your personal data?
We use your personal data to create your account in the Hvil® app, and to provide our service to improve your sleep.
The following specific purposes apply to the processing of your personal data:
Hvil® app and support:
- Creation of an account
- Collection of data necessary to provide our service
- Respond to your questions to our support function
- Develop our solution and services
- Identify and correct bugs in our solution
Website, social media and other direct interaction:
- Answer your questions, comments etc.
- Publish statements and case stories about Hvil®
- Register your participation in events, focus groups etc.
- Provide you with newsletters etc. when you specifically request it
We do not use tracking cookies to collect data on how you sleep or your identity in general.
Types of personal data we process
We process non-sensitive personal data including data such as your name, age, gender and information about you daily routines, location etc. Additionally, we process the information you might provide us with during direct interaction. If you provide a statement about Hvil® we only publish it with your consent.
Hvil® has developed a sleep program that utilizes specific methods and techniques to help users achieve a better night's sleep. However, some of these methods may not be suitable or effective for children under the age of 8. Therefore, in order to ensure that the program is safe and effective for users, Hvil® requires the user's age.
By collecting the user's age information, Hvil® can ensure that the sleep program is only made available to users who are above the age of 8. This is done to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the program, as younger children may have different sleep patterns and require different techniques to improve their sleep quality.
We process sensitive personal data about you regarding any health information that you provide in connection with using Hvil®.
Recipients or categories of recipients of personal data
We disclose your personal data to our data processors. We use data processors to host data and to provide solutions to handle customer service and support.
In certain circumstances we ask your consent to disclose your personal data to third parties. Once disclosed the third party is data controller of the transferred data.
International data transfers
All personal data is hosted on servers within the EU/EEA. However, in certain circumstances a transfer of personal data to third countries – typically the U.S. – might occur. These transfers can occur in relation to our hosting partner receiving support assistance. When transfers to third countries take place we rely on standard contractual clauses.
Retention of personal data
The Hvil® app
- We retain your personal data as long as you use Hvil®. You can withdraw your consent at any time, in which case we anonymize your data within 4 weeks. You withdraw your consent by deleting your Hvil® account. If you have any doubt as to how you can delete your account or withdraw your consent, please contact Hvil at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website, social media and other direct interaction:
- We retain your personal data as long, as we need them for the purposes for which they have been collected. This includes, but is not limited to, mail correspondence, data collected when you interact with us on social media, participate in events etc. When we no longer need to process your data, they will be deleted. If we have a legal obligation to retain your data, we will retain it as long as specified by this obligation.
- Personal contact information that you have provided in connection with signing up to a newsletter or other marketing material will be retained as long as we need the information or as long as we have your consent.
Your rights when we process your data
You have several rights in relation to your personal data, these include the right to:
- Access your personal data
- Rectify any information we have about you
- Be forgotten (erasure of your personal data)
- Restrict processing of your personal data
- Object to the processing of your personal data
- Obtain a copy of your personal data in a portable format
Lawful basis for processing
The lawful basis for processing your non-sensitive personal data is consent (GDPR article 6, 1 (a)). This includes our use of tracking cookies.
The lawful basis for processing sensitive personal data is explicit consent (GDPR article 9, 2 (a)).
The lawful basis for transferring your personal data to another data controller is consent (GDPR article 6, 1 (a) and article 9, 2 (a)).
You have the right to withdraw your consent any time by contacting Hvil at email@example.com. As soon as you withdraw you consent we will terminate the processing of your personal data.
In certain circumstances we process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest (GDPR article 6, 1 (f)). This happens if you interact with Hvil® on social media (e.g. if you comment, “like” or share our posts). In such circumstances we estimate that our legitimate interest does not override your interests, as you in all fairness can expect we process your personal data if you choose to interact with us. And we do not process your data in a way that is a disadvantage to you.
Complaint to supervisory authority
You can complain to the relevant supervisory authority if you believe that we have infringed your rights under the personal data legislation. You can find the contact information of the Danish Data Protection Agency by visiting www.datatilsynet.dk.